- This event has passed.
16th Drishti National Dance Festival
March 20, 2021 @ 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC+5.5
The 16th edition of the DRISHTI NATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL 2021 celebrating Indian dance forms will be held on Saturday, 20th March 2021, 5.30 pm onwards at Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bengaluru. A consistently successful event since its inception, the Drishti National Dance Festival (the brainchild of Bharatanatyam dancer Anuradha Vikranth and her husband T M Vikranth) is now a benchmark for all dance festivals in Bengaluru, having steadily gained renown for creative presentations, stellar performances, pioneering publicity and overwhelming audiences. The 16th edition of the festival will feature the theme “Kavi Namana” / “TRIBUTE TO THE POETS (Vaggeyakara) OF OUR COUNTRY”. Our esteemed guests at the festival are: Shatavadhani Dr R Ganesh, Renowned scholar and poet Dr P Dayananda Pai, Chairman, Century Real Estate Holdings Pvt. Ltd Presided by Dr T M Manjunath, Chief Patron, Drishti Art Foundation, Renowned Agricultural Scientist Presenting tributes to the great poets of our country are some of our country’s finest artists in different genres of Indian Classical Dance Styles such as Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak, Mohiniattam.
- Abhinava Dance Company – Kathak (Bengaluru)
- Sridevi Nrithyalaya – Bharatanatyam (Chennai)
- Dr Neena Prasad – Mohiniattam (Kerala)
- Upadhye School of Dance – Bharatanatyam (Bengaluru)
- Shilpa Nanjappa – Bharatanatyam – (Coorg)
- Janani Murali and Prathibha Ramaswamy – Bharatanatyam (Bengaluru)
- Shirisha Shashank – Bharatanatyam (Chennai)
- Sreelakshmy Govardhan – Kuchipudi (Kerala)
- Samanvay Dance Company – Kuchipudi (Bengaluru)
- Drishti Dance Ensemble – Bharatanatyam (Bengaluru)