A Peak into Activities at Drishti:
- Every day the centre resounds with the energy of eager feet dancing to a musical rhythm. Students patter in and out of Drishti classes all days of the week with excitement and joy.
- Drishti aims to continuously expose our students to new ideas and broaden their perspective of art and culture. We arrange Workshops, Lecture Demonstrations and Talks by eminent artists, art historians, and noted critics. We have been graced by Dr Sonal Mansingh, Dr Sunil Kothari, Dr Leela Venkataraman, Dr Jayashree Rajagopala, Dr Rajshree Vasudevan and eminent artists, who have visited us and shared their knowledge and insights with the students. Foreign delegates also have enjoyed imbibing our rich Indian Culture at Drishti.
- Drishti believes that preserving and spreading the joy of art is a collaborative effort. We partner with organisations with a similar vision and have been privileged to associate with Ananya, The Infosys Foundation, and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan to organise dance performances and with Samagana Sangeetha Sabha for music concerts.
- Drishti has wholeheartedly presented the Rangapravesha of its students and each performance has been well appreciated by connoisseurs of dance and art critics.
- Our hearts fill with pride when the dedication of our Drishti students is validated by their success in the examination conducted by Karnataka State Secondary Education Board. Majority of the students scored a ‘Distinction’.
- We always encourage our students to perform at various stage programs and competitions and they have made us proud by winning everyone’s hearts!
- We are delighted to share that all our efforts have been recognised by the Indian Press Council and the Karnataka Newspapers Association. Drishti Art Centre has been honoured with the "National Education Excellence Award 2019” as the “Best Classical Dance Training Institute." We humbly dedicate this award to all our dedicated faculty, talented students, and every well-wisher and supporter who has helped us on this journey.
- Drishti instils cultural and Indian traditional values in our children by celebrating festivals and auspicious occasions. Every year Guru Poornima is a grand celebration, acknowledging the beautiful and meaningful Guru-Shishya relationship in dance and in life.
- We warmly welcome new students twice a year. Students eagerly await admission and come in with a lot of curiosity and enthusiasm, inspiring us to become better with every passing day. The energy of new students is always remarkable and infectious!